Many daters shy away from sharing their real job title for fear of judgement and consequential rejection.
When it comes to online dating, it can be difficult to know how to introduce ourselves as who we really are. We want to appear attractive to those we find equally attractive, yet knowing what to include (and what not to include) on our profile can feel confusing.
We all know the importance of first impressions. But how important are the details we share, such as our professional role? Many daters shy away from sharing their real job title for fear of judgement and consequential rejection. When profiles are easily discarded with impulsive swipes on some apps, it can be an intimidating arena to navigate.
Here are the 5 reasons why honesty really is the best policy for online daters:
- Preference culture constantly changes. According to a recent report, daters vary in their preferences drastically year to year. In 2016, pilots were top of the list for female daters. Two years later, the most ‘swiped for’ were interior designers. Attraction trends are constantly changing. Let go of idealism to free yourself from its limits.
- If someone judges you, they’re not your match. If someone judges you specifically for your job role or perceived economic status, are they really someone to invest your time and energy into? Those who swipe past you are doing you a favor – they’re leaving room for the right person to fill their spot.
- Job role doesn’t equate to ambition. People aren’t attracted to a job role. If they are, the moment is fleeting. Modern daters are drawn to the personality and character they pick up from viewing your profile. If your profile depicts reliability and a positive vision for the future, it will have more impact than any title.
- All daters are in the same boat. You aren’t alone in your efforts. Online daters know from setting up their own profile that the summation of a person cannot be 100% encapsulated perfectly within one virtual profile. Give your fellow romantics with a little credit to know that you are more than just a bio.
- The right platform will bring out the best in you. If you don’t feel that you are able to put across who you are accurately and positively on an app or website, then it might not be the right one for you. Choose a dating platform that helps you to voice who you are and to find the right match for you beyond professional accolade.
SciMatch takes the guesswork out of compatibility chaos by using smart AI technology to pair you with your perfect date using your psychological portrait and personal attribute details to create an image of you that goes beyond a profile photo.
No one enjoys the typical cycle of dead end conversations and false leads that can be found on other apps. By choosing a platform that refreshingly looks beyond the typical, you will powerfully equip yourself with the tools you need to find the right person. So—what are you waiting for? Stop worrying about what role you fill in the office, and start setting up a profile that celebrates who you really are. Your future SciMatch awaits!