In the era of COVID-19 where social distancing has become the law and wearing masks hides everyone’s face, online dating is the best way to meet new people.
Do you feel like in-person dating is a thing of the past? You are not alone. We are all getting used to our faces in masks, Zoom meetings, avoiding shaking hands, and isolating ourselves from colleagues, friends and dates. Great news is the world will eventually go back to some version of what we used to call normal. But while it has not happened yet, and we are more likely to face another wave of restrictions, New York Times suggests that Covid-19 is likely to be hanging over our lives well into 2021. So, you better equip yourself with few ideas on how to make your first dates fun during a pandemic. We compiled a list of exciting online date ideas to make sure you will enjoy dating again and maybe even in the future will not rush to take your date to dinner.
- Play games: Either you a fan of board games or maybe you are more an intellectual quiz type of person, or you are good at creating your own tournaments. It is all good; you could choose your favorite game and introduce it to your date through video chat. I bet he/she would be happy to ease the awkwardness of talking to you through a virtual box. Admit it. A Zoom meeting could be funny and strange. If you have no ideas on what games to play, try a good old-fashioned game of 20 questions. You know the rules: Think of a person, place, or thing. Then have the other person ask up to 20 yes-or-no questions to figure out what it is you’re thinking. For a slightly more intimate version, just ask 20 questions about each other, back and forth. Of course, the goal is to go off on a tangent and forget that you were playing a game altogether.
- Make an adventurous dinner together: How about cooking and making nice cocktails together. Put the hats of bartender and chef and show off your skills. Winter is coming and making delicious super cozy Mulled wine sounds like a great idea. Tasting your drink while it’s cooking would be a nice way to loosen up. Exchange the recipes in advance to have all the ingredients ready and show your creativity and preferences in food by picking your favorite dish.
- Get deep and test your astrology compatibility by date of birth: You have been texting each other for weeks and learned probably plenty about each other’s lives. This could be a nice but intimidating thing. You are getting to know each other, but the anxiety level due to scarcity of topics to talk about is probably rising in you (don’t worry, there are a lot of interesting topics to talk about, just the fear clouds your mind). Awkward silence is the killer of promising first dates. So why not make yourself a favor and deep in each other personalities and find out how compatible you are on the character level. Open your favorite astrological app or website, get tarot cards and get astral. You will be able to gain insight into your own character and your date personality, discuss your similarities and differences, touch on what could make your union happy one. It would create an intimate and mysterious atmosphere, which will set the tone for a lot of laughs and honest, deep conversations. Most importantly, you will have some new content for your endless phone calls with your virtual lover. Doesn’t it sound like a lot of fun?
- Tour the Louvre, in pajamas. How about taking your date to the most famous museums around the world? To ease up our quarantine fatigue, Google Arts & Culture teamed up with over 2500 museums and galleries around the world to bring anyone and everyone to virtual tours and online exhibits of some of the most famous museums around the world. Museums and galleries are always the classiest of date options. Have a sip of your favorite wine and dive into a discussion about the finest curated art collections. A few online exhibits and virtual tours worth to check out: L.A.’s Getty Museum look at Renaissance food & drink, the Louvre’s decadent Gallerie d’Apollon ceilings, the Smithsonian’s Natural History guided walk-through, and Soaring vaulted ceilings, intricate murals and tapestries of the Vatican’s museums.
- Try to Paint or Draw Each Other faces and read them. Drawing or painting each other can be an extremely fun, intimate, and even eye-opening activity. While you will have the opportunity to laugh, tear up and show your artistic skills, you will learn about each other more than you first thought. Did you know that a narrow nose is a sign that a person is a workaholic who always achieves his/her goals? Or did you know that woman with a round face is highly compatible with a round-faced man because both aim for financial security and domestic happiness, which makes them value the family. Something good to know before diving blindly, headfirst into love. So, with some good face-reading website, draw and read each other faces, nothing beats face reading when it comes to really figuring out if your new date is a keeper.
If you haven’t found the dating app that was able to find you your perfect partner or maybe you are tired of the lack of connection and endless swiping. Or maybe you feel frustrated of not getting any matches? Digital dating is hard. It is often impersonal and most dating apps operate on outdated compatibility algorithms — leaving you in “swipe limbo” instead of where you should be: in the real world making a real connection. SciMatch is here to give you confidence in your search and predict prospective romantic interests based on who you are and what you are truly looking for. We use a patent-pending AI technology to get you sci-matched. So what more are you waiting for?!